Radon is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, naturally occurring, radioactive noble gas that is formed from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock, and water.
Breathing in this noble gas is dangerous to homeowners and can even cause lung cancer. Thus, radon is considered a significant contaminant that affects indoor air quality worldwide. In fact, radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers and the second leading cause of lung cancer overall, claiming about 20,000 lives annually.
Certified Building Inspectors has certified radon specialists that will provide radon screenings over a 48 hour period, and provide results on the spot in addition to a written report.